Staying healthy needs one to keep his or her nutritional balance. See your dietician to advise you on your fat level because the fat content your body requires differs from person to person. This would determine the amount of fat required for your daily need. According to the American Dietetic Association and the US Department of Health and Human Services dietary guideline, adult men need between 2,200 and 2800 calories daily, while women need 1,500 to 2,400 respectively.
To keep being healthy, food with high fat, sodium and sugar should be discouraged because it increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and diabetes.
These are some of the necessary steps one need to take to remain healthy.
- Choose a balanced diet and eat right by taking recommended levels of sodium and sugar.
- Consume extra vegetables.
- Do not skip meals.
- Eat a little at a time; it will help you develop good eating habits.
- Minimize alcohol intake or don’t drink at all because of its negative implications on your health.
- Say no to smoking, as it reduces the oxygen levels in your tissues and lead to breakdown in your skin tissues. It is a major cause of aging, leading to sagging, dull and wrinkled skin.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Engage in exercises.
- Go for regular medical check-up.
- Drink a lot of water.