GOVERNOR WIKE LIST NAMES OF ALLEGED CULTISTS WHO REFUSED TO RENOUNCE VIOLENCE IN RIVERS STATE.
STATE BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY, NYESOM EZENWO WIKE CON, GSSRS ON THE KILLING OF THE NOTORIOUS CULTIST, MURDERER AND KIDNAPPER, JOHNSON IGWEDIBIA (ALIAS DON WANNY)
My dear people of Rivers State
On the first of January 2018, the entire State and the country at large was traumatized by the callous murder of 23 innocent persons at Omoku in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area by the notorious cultist, kidnapper, terrorist and murderer Don Wanny and members of his doomed gang.
2. When I visited the families of the victims, I placed a prize tag of N200 million for any information that could lead to the arrest and prosecution of the perpetrators of this most heinous crime against humanity.
3. I also assured the security agencies of our further determination to continue supporting them with whatever it would take to have these criminals apprehended and brought to justice.
4. Yesterday, 7th January 2018, we all received the news about the death of Don Wanny and two of his fellow gang members in their hideouts in Enugu State while trying to escape arrest from the security agencies that were closing in on them.
5. Although we would have wanted Mr. Don Wanny and his gang members to have been arrested alive and put to trial for their numerous crimes and atrocities against his own people. His death, nevertheless, is a huge relief to the entire State, and therefore, most welcome development.
6. For years the security situation in Omoku in particular, and Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government area in general, has been most challenging because of the criminal activities of Don Wanny and his gang.
7. We therefore wholeheartedly thank President Muhammadu Buhari for rising to the occasion and not politicking with the issue of security. We also commend the security agencies, particularly, the Nigerian Army and the Department of State Security, for swiftly rising to the challenge in the most professional manner. Continue reading